This month and the one after that is the month of weddings in India. So you see a big fat wedding scheduled in almost all the families. However, nobody is least bothered about how the bride is preparing for the most important day of her life. We are mentioning some quick dos and don ts so that she can prepare for the event and not face a nervous breakdown.Advertisement
Image source : jit bag,flickr.com
- In case you have some extra kilos piled up reduce them right now. Go to the gym or adopt yoga or attend some aerobics classes do whatever is necessary but get back in shape.
- Keep comfort in mind while planning your costume. Opt for something light in case you are not sure of whether you will be able to carry such a heavy dress.
- Give yourself ample time to plan things .Since most marriages are fixed in advance prepare your list and start your shopping at least 3-6 months in advance.
- Respect your family tradition. Try to incorporate your mother’s wedding dress or jewellery in some form during the process of your wedding. I am sure everyone is going to cherish that.
- Make sure to look elegant in whatever you wear. Take suggestions from people around you and then only finalise your dress and jewellery. Don’t follow trends blindly instead modify them to suit your body type.
- At the end of it all, it is very necessary that you stay happy and not take the stress. Everything will work out fine and your no amount of stressing can change that fact. So enjoy each moment of this time and leave tensions aside.
- Do not go over the top with your makeup. It is best to take advice from a good stylist who can let you know what kind of makeup works best for you. Red is popular in weddings but if it does not look good on you then drop it and pick up a subtle shade.
- Don’t just add bling jewellery just for the sake of it. Sometimes unnecessary jewellery only dilutes the effect that your dress is portraying.
- It is good to ape celebrities but only if you can afford it. If your budget is getting affected then do not buy the dress that a celebrity wore. It is better to be an original than copying someone else just for the sake of it.
- Avoid pleasing people just because you are the bride. Most times you’re in-laws and other elders will try to pick things as per their desire. Tell them firmly that you would like to pick up something according to your need rather than what others think is right.
These simple tricks are enough to help you prepare for the most important day of your life. Apart from the physical arrangements, it is very imperative that you are mentally prepared for the wedding. After all, a completely new life awaits you at the end of it all.Advertisement
Image source : Parekh Cards,flickr.com