When it comes to your health, is it better to drink or not to drink? The research on alcohol’s effect on health suggests both harm and benefits. We have always heard that alcohol is bad for you. Now let us look in to the benefits as well.Advertisement
Drinking every weekend might not be the best thing for your physical and mental health. However one of the most consistent findings in recent nutrition research is that moderate alcohol consumption can improve health and lead to a longer life. Moderate quantity means, one drink a day on average for women and two drinks a day for men with “one drink” being:
- 350 ml of beer
- 150 ml of wine
- 45 ml (roughly a shot) of 80-proof distilled spirits or liquor
Please note that this definition is referring to the quantity consumed on any single day and is not intended as an average of several days.
RED WINE is good for HEART and can burn your extra FAT:
· A glass of either Red or white wine can help you with your weight loss effort. : Women who drink moderate amounts of alcohol tend to eat less food, particularly carbohydrates. Long-term moderate drinkers somehow adapt to metabolize food differently than normal people.
· A more than 100 studies confirmed that moderate wine consumption is good for HEART health. It can reduce the risk of death by cardiovascular causes by a startling 25 to 40 percent. The wine characteristics like antioxidants, and proangiogenic and anti-inflammatory will provides this benefit. It also has the ability to raise good (HDL) cholesterol, lower bad (LDL) cholesterol, and reduce blood problems that can lead to clogged arteries (This is one of the heart attacks cause)
· Skin of red grapes, can improve memory and cognitive function makes wine is beneficial for human being.
ALCOHOL can help FIGHT COLDS
· Study shows that Antioxidants in red wine can help you reduce your risk of a cold by a shocking 60 percent. Drinking eight to 14 glasses of wine per week is good for avoiding cold. On the other hand common cold was increased by smoking.
Drinking MODERATELY can improve SEXUAL FUNCTION in MEN &WOMEN
· Wine drinkers experienced lower rates of erectile dysfunction than those who don’t drink. Healthy antioxidants present in wine may deserve all the credit. Women who drank one to two glasses of wine had heightened sexual desire, compared to who didn’t drink.Advertisement
BEER is good for Kidney health, digestion and increases Vitamin B
· Research shows that ice cold brew can do wonders for the body. Beer is packed with B vitamins, plus high levels of magnesium and calcium. In But dark beers high iron content, which helps better oxygen circulate in the body.
· Ice cold beer can hydrate you just as well as water, making it perfectly ok to grab happy hour after an intense work out session.
· Moderate beer drinkers who consume 1-2 glasses a day are more likely to get most benefits. The study reported that women who had two drinks per day saw their bone density increase up to 8.3 percent!
· Women who drink 1-2 can of beer per week have a 30 percent lower risk of a heart attack than those who drank heavily or none at all.
· A bottle of beer can help you reduce the risk of kidney stones (gallstones) by 30 percent.
· A beer a day can reduce work-related stress or anxiety.
LIQUOR and other SPIRITS
· VODKA : Vodka can improve blood circulation. Cranberry and vodka can help you to become more creative.
· TEQUILA : Go for one tequila shot, it can help to lose your weight.
· WHISKY : Mix whisky with warm water and honey, and you’ll find temporary relief to a sore throat.
· Drinking occasionally could add a few years to your life. Could reduce the risk of death by 18 percent.
· One who drinks in moderation are 40 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who drank too much or none at all. So a drink a day keeps diabetes away.
Watch below video published by Bandar Kutta showing different Health benefits from drinking of Different types of alcohol.
It is very important to know the negative effect of alcohol more than positive. It is always people tendency to drink more without having self-control on the quantity. To drink moderately throughout the life one should have a great discipline and strong will power. So let us understand the negative impact as well.
Negative impact of Alcohol:
· Over consumption of alcohol causes about 2.5 million deaths in the world every year, and one in every three cases of violent crime involves alcohol.
· Heavy drinking can increase blood pressure and damage the muscles of the heart. Drinking & driving is the one of major cause of accidents. Also uncontrolled drinking creates a potential for addiction and can make people act inappropriately.
· Alcohol is a notorious dehydrator and diuretic, which explains many of your hangover symptoms and why your skin is dull and dry. It widens the blood vessels, particularly in your face, which makes you look red and puffy.
· Counts weight gain as a hidden effect of drinking too much. One standard beer can with 5% alcohol is about 150 calories, one glass of wine is about 100, and an 45 ml shot about 100 calories
· Drinking is widely recognized as a breast cancer risk; a study of more than 320,000 women found that those who drank more than moderately increased their chances of developing the cancer by up to 41 percent. Also risk of diseases like cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, and colon is high when you drink above moderate level regularly.
Disclaimer : These facts were gathered from many articles, research paper and journals and author is not responsible for the accuracy of these reports. The data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Please use your discretion before taking any decisions based on the information provided here.