Are You Suffering?
In today’s world, even younger ones forget something and search for a name, object or place. And some are famous for their forgetfulness. While writing this article I went back to my school days when I had gone through a prose called ” Forgetting” by Jerome K. Jerome. In the 19th century it was funny and still, we can write funny things on forgetfulness. But in today we are scientifically advanced, find logic for everything. So we have explored the science behind short-term memory loss and its preventive measures.
In this fast paced life pressure builds up since childhood. The eager to win in life drags us in a competition. Even in schools, the students are getting affected by these. The outcome is aging mentally in early age. One of the results is the short-term memory.Advertisement
What is Short Term Memory:
The active memory, which holds the information for a short span of time and releases in need. This memory gets erased automatically after a certain time.
Reasons of Short Term Memory Loss:
- Addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- Head injury.
- Physical ailments like depression, seizures, and epilepsy.
- Undisciplined lifestyle.
In a nutshell, we can say that any issue in the blood supply to the brain can cause this problem. So the techniques that we can follow to cut one of the cause.
Steps to Avoid Short Term Memory Loss:
- Deep sleep helps to reboot our brain and refresh short-term memory.
- The stress-free brain performs better.
- Eating high sugar, carbohydrate foods can enhance this issue.
- Spending more time in nature, morning walk.
- Recent research says even reading and listening music helps to release stress depression and refresh memory.
- Be mentally active while traveling, because this habit enhances our ability to memorize.
- Increase antioxidants intake into your diet.
- Sea Fish consists omega-3 fatty acid which enhances short-term memory.
- Vitamin C, E, and B play an important role in enhancing short-term memory.
Herbs to Increase Short Term Memory:
Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, Rosemary, Sage, Green tea, Rhodiola Rosea, Bacopa, Gotu Kola, Periwinkle, Blueberries.
Also Read : 5 super easy tricks to remember names
Image credit:Number 10Advertisement